Many of you have been asking for my classic protein waffles recipe, and I don’t want to disappoint! This recipe is actually a simplified version of my previously posted pink protein pancakes (wow, that was so much alliteration) and can be adapted with your choice of fruit and toppings. This weekend, I opted for fresh raspberries, and they were DELICIOUS!
Protein Waffle Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use whey protein, but feel free to use plant based)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 cup egg whites (you can substitute with one egg, but I prefer to increase protein and reduce fat with egg whites only)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil (you could substitute canola oil)
1 cup fruit of choice (raspberries featured)
Shaved dark chocolate
Unsweetened coconut shavings
Sliced almonds or cashews
Protein Waffle Directions
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix whole wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, egg whites, and vanilla extract until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the almond milk and coconut (or canola) oil.
- Stir fruit into the batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or canola oil. Pour batter into the iron and close the lid until the light indicates “ready.”
- Remove waffles from the waffle iron and serve 2-3 waffles. Add your toppings and enjoy!
Protein Waffle Nutrition Facts
Recipe makes about 3 servings | Each serving is 2.5 waffles | Calories per serving 310 | Total Fat 6.9 grams | Total Carbohydrates 38.5 grams | Sugars 1.5 grams | Dietary Fibers 8.0 grams | Protein 26.7 grams (nutrition facts compliments of Spark People)